PRE & POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- No excessive alcohol consumption 24 hours before your procedure.
- Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure.
- Do not drink coffee or any caffeine on the day of your appointment.
- No Botox or filler injection on or around the lips 2 weeks prior.
Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
If you have a history of getting cold sores in the past, it is highly recommended you consult with your physician prior to the appointment. Cold sores can be prevented most of the time by taking Valtrex (prescription medication) prior to the procedure.
- It is very important to remove the lymph fluid from the surface of the skin in order to avoid heavy scabbing.
- Before bed, if the lips still have some dry lymph, rinse with lukewarm water, gently removing the dry lymph, pat dry and apply LIP LOCK Healing Balm.
- Only water wash the lips for one week. Pat dry gently and apply thin layer of LIP LOCK Healing Balm
- Do not rub or pick at the dry flaky skin/scab.
- Avoid: water (aside from cleaning), makeup, tanning, swimming, excessing sweating, sauna, spicy food, kissing.
Drinking through a straw for one week.
- Do not let your lips dry out. Continue to apply ointment throughout the day to moisturize your lips.
- Swelling and bruising is normal for the first few days. To relieve the swelling, you can ice the area with soft gel ice packs.
- Slight stinging sensation or soreness in the first few days is also normal.
- You will experience dry, flaky lips for the first 3-5 days. Once the pigment flakes off, it will appear as though no pigment retained. The colour will gradually bloom to a soft shade 6-8 weeks after ALL the flakes peel off.
- A follow-up touch-up is usually necessary and can be completed any time after 8 weeks from the initial appointment.